Sunday, December 30, 2012
Saturday, December 22, 2012
NFPE - FNPO
DEPARTMENT OF POSTS ISSUED ORDERS
TO ABOLISH 2/3rd POSTS KEPT VACANT FOR THE YEARS 2005 to 2008
TOTAL POSTS TO BE ABOLISHED - 17093
As per Government of India orders on Downsizing of Central Government Services, Screening Committee for filling up/aboliotion of posts was constituted in the year 2001 and Annual Direct Recruitment (ADR) plan was approved by the Screening committeefor each year from 2001 to 2008. Screening Committee cleared only 1/3rd vacancies for direct recruitment and balance 2/3rd posts were ablished as per its recommendations.
Accordingly Department of Posts abolished 2/3rd vacant posts from 2001 to 2004. Regarding the abolition of 2/3 rd vacant posts from 2005 to 2008, Postal Department & Communication Ministry requested Finance Ministry to grant exemption to Department of Posts from abolishing the vacant posts from 2005 to 2008, as it is an operative Department dealing with the general public and customers. 2/3rd posts earmarked for abolition from 2005 to 2008 are kept vacant (but not abolished) pending decision of the Finance Ministry.
The ban on recruitment was lifted and the Screening Committee was abolished in the year 2009. Government of India issued orders to fill up all vacant posts for the year from 2009 onwards. Accordingly, Department of Posts, issued orders to fill up all vacancies for the year 2009 and 2010. Orders are also issued to fill up all vacant posts for the year 2011 and 2012. But, at the same time, Directorate issued clear instructions to all Chief PMGs that posts kept vacant for the year from 2005 to 2008 should not be filled up under any circumstances but should be kept vacant. (for abolition).
Finance Ministry has now made it clear that no permission or exemption will be granted to any department including Department of Posts to fill up the posts kept earmarked for abolition as per the Screening Committee recommendations. Accordingly Department of Posts has now issued orders to abolish all the 2/3rd vacant posts (Total 17093 posts for four years) for the year 2005 to 2008. Cadrewise break-up figure of the posts to be abolished is furnished below:
IP Postal - 1 Driver Grade III - 14
PA Postal - 5010 Driver MMS - 84
PA SBCO - 385 Postal Accounts - JA - 125
PA CO/RO - 138 LDC - 186
PA RLO - 11 Group D - 118
PA Fgn Post - 18 Sorter - 31
PA MMS - 12 Hindi Typist - 1
Steno - 2
SA RMS - 1259 Steno Group C - 43
POSTMAN - 3230 Jr. Hindi Translator - 8
Hindi Typist - 1
Group D Postal - 4407
Group D RMS - 1336 All others - 411
Group D MMS - 81
Group D CO/RO - 67 Total - 17093
Group D PSD/CSD- 90
Group D Others - 24
D. THEAGARAJAN M. KRISHNAN
Secretary General FNPO Secretary General NFPE
Posted by email@example.com at 7:04 PM
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
STRIKE! STRIKE!! STRIKE !!!
12TH DECEMBER 2012 - ALL INDIA CENTRAL
GOVT. EMPLOYEES STRIKE
13 lakhs Employees unitedly demand the Central Government to
CHANGE THE POLICIES
“WORKERS ARE NOT BEGGARS”
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT TO STOP PRICE RISE AND EROSION IN REAL WAGES.
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT 7TH PAY COMMISSION AND FIVE YEAR WAGE
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT MERGER OF DA WITH PAY.
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT REMOVAL OF RETROGRADE CONDITIONS ON
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT TO FILL UP ALL VACANT POSTS.
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT THE GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS TO BE TREATED AS
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT TO END DISCRIMINATION TOWARDS GDS AND
EXTENSION OF ALL BENEFITS AT PAR WITH REGULAR
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT THE REVISION OF WAGES OF CASUAL
LABOURERS AND REGULARISATION.
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT TO SCRAP PFRDA BILL AND NEW PENSION
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT TO STOP DOWNSIZING, OUT SOURCING,
CONTRACTORISATION, CORPORATISATION AND PRIVATISATION.
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT TO REVIVE THE JCM FORUMS AND SETTLE
ANOMALIES INCLUDING MACP ANOMALY.
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT TO IMPLEMENT ARBITRATION AWARDS.
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT FIVE PROMOTIONS.
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT REVISION OF OTA RATES AND NIGHT DUTY
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT ELIGIBLE PRODUCTIVITY LINKED BONUS FOR ALL.
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT “RIGHT TO STRIKE” AS A LEGAL RIGHT
STRIKE - IF YOU WANT TO STOP TRADE UNION VICTIMIZATIONS.
STRIKE - TO CHANGE THE POLICY OF THE GOVERNMENT
STRIKE- TO ENSURE JOB SECURITY AND NEED BASED
STRIKE- TO PROTECT CENTRAL SERVICES INCLUDING POSTAL
LET US STRIKE UNITEDLY FOR A BETTER TOMORROW
NFPE ZINDABAD! CONFEDERATION ZINDABAD!!
WORKING CLASS UNITY ZINDABAD!!!
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org at 9:45 PM
Friday, November 23, 2012
CONTINUATION OF IT MODERNISATION PROJECT OF
DEPARTMENT OF POSTS – PHASE II
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs today approved the proposal of Rs.4,909 crore towards IT modernisation project of the Department of Posts, covering 1.55 lakhs post offices.
The total expenditure for the project involving Rs.4,909 crore includes both implementation phase and operation and maintenance phase for the IT infrastructure of Post Offices. The IT project of the Department is a part of the Mission Mode Project (MMP) included in the National e-Governance Plan (NEGP).
The Department of Posts has a network of 1.55 Lakhs post offices spread across all the States and Union Territories of the country. The key objective of the India Post IT Modernisation project is modernization and computerization of all Post offices in the country including branch post offices in rural areas to create a urban-rural network spanning across the length and breadth of the country.
The IT modernisation project is expected to give following benefits to the citizens of the country:
• Improve customer satisfaction due to faster and more reliable delivery of services
• Enhance visibility and transparency
• Provide access by multiple channels to the customers e.g. post office counters, kiosks, internet, mobiles ATMs etc;
• Ensure delivery of "citizen centric services"
The IT modernisation project will provide a national asset and infrastructure for all users apart from the post offices including various government departments, business houses and the citizens to use the services effectively for their communication, banking, insurance and service delivery needs. The project will improve the delivery of mails, banking and insurance services rendered by the Post offices across the length and breadth of the country.
For the purpose of implementation, the IT modernisation project has been structured into 8 segments catering to IT infrastructure such as datacentre, network, computers and peripherals, software applications which will cover all the product and services of the Department of Posts, and change management which will help in effective transformation into IT mode. The project will be implemented in all the 1.55 lakh post offices in a phased manner over a time period of 2 years, to be followed by the O&M phase over the period of contract.
The project will be rolled out to all the post offices covering all States and Union Territories in the country a phased manner.
The proposal of the Department of Posts is in continuation of the proposal which was approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 26th Aug 2010. The overall project has been segregated into eight RFPs, of which, selection of vendors have been finalized in case of 5 RFPs and LOIs have been issued. Of these 5 RFPs, in four cases the contracts have been signed with the selected bidders. In respect of two RFPs the financial bids have been opened and selection of the bidder is under process.
Posted by email@example.com at 8:13 PM
Sunday, November 18, 2012
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF POSTAL EMPLOYEES
ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES UNION GROUP-C
AIPEU/PIII/12.12.2012 Dated – 19th November, 2012
The Sr Supdt of Post Offices
In accordance with the provisions of Sub Section (1) of Section 22 of the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947, we hereby notify that all the Postal/RMS/MMS/Administrative & Postal Accounts Employees and the Gramin Dak Sewaks which are affiliated to Confederation of Central Government Employees & Workers will go on one day strike on 12.12.2012. The demands for acceptance of which the employees embark upon One Day Strike are detailed in the Charter of Demands enclosed.
CHARTER OF DEMANDS
1. Revise the wages of the Central Government employees including Gramin Dak Sewaks with effect from 1.1.2011 and every five years thereafter by setting up the 7th CPC.
2. Merge DA with pay for all purposes with effect from. 1.1.2011 including for Gramin Dak Sewaks.
3. Remove restriction imposed on compassionate appointments and the discrimination on such appointments between the Railway workers and other Central Govt. employees.
4. (a) Departmentalise all Gramin Dak Sewaks and grant them all benefits of regular employees; End Bonus discrimination and enhance bonus ceiling to 3500/-; withdraw open market recruitment in Postman / MTS cadre; Revise cash handling norms; Grant full protection of TRCA; Grant Time Bound Promotion and Medical Reimbursement facility etc,
(b) Regularise the daily rated, contingent, casual workers and introduce a permanent scheme for periodical regularisation;
5. (a) Revive the functioning of the JCM. Convene the meeting of the Departmental Councils in all Ministries/Departments. Settle the anomalies raised in the National Anomaly Committee as also in the Departmental Anomaly Committees. Hold National Council meetings as specified in the JCM constitution. (b) Remove the anomalies in the MACP Scheme.(c) Grant recognition to all Associations/Federations, which have complied with the formalities and conditions stipulated in the CCS(RSA) Rules.
6. Fill up all vacant posts and create posts on functional requirements.
7. Stop downsizing outsourcing, contractorization, corporatization and privatisation of Governmental functions.
8. Stop price rise; strengthen the PDS.
9. (a) Stop the proposal to introduce the productivity linked wage system; (b) discard the performance related pay structure; (c) introduce PLB in all Departments; (d) remove the ceiling on emoluments for bonus computation.
10. Revise the OTA, Night duty allowance and clothing rates.
11. Implement all arbitration awards;
12. Make the right to strike a legal and fundamental right of the Government employees on par with the other section of the working class.
13. Grant Five Promotions to all employees as is provided for in the case of Group A services.
14. (a) Withdraw the PFRDA Bill. (b) Rescind the decision to allow FDI in pension sector ;(c) Scrap the new contributory pension scheme (d) Extend the existing statutory defined pension scheme to all Central Govt. employees irrespective of their date of entry in Government service.
15. Vacate all Trade Union victimisation, and more specifically in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department.
Hazara Ram Chumber Amit Kumar Sodhi
Divisional Secretary Divisional President
AIPEU Group C AIPEU Group C
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org at 10:57 PM
REVISION OF PPOS OF PRE-2006 PENSIONERS/FAMILY PENSIONERS USE OF E-SCROLL FOR RETRIEVING INFORMATION FROM BANKS - REG.
No.1/20/2011-P&PW (E) (Vol. IV)
Government of India
MinIstry of Personnel, P.G. & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners' Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated: 14th November, 2012
Sub: Revision of PPOs of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners use of e-scroll for retrieving information from Banks - reg.
The undersigned is directed to state that Annexure III has been used to obtain information from Banks for revision of PPOs of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners. It is seen that getting information from Banks is fraught with difficulties. Secondly, the Annexure III sent by the banks are in many cases incomplete to the extent that the calculation details are not available for evaluation by the PAOs and as such the Annexure is being used largely to confirm the existence of the pensioner/family pensioner and to link him/her with the current paying branch.
2. The Central Pension Accounting Office (CPAO) has suggested that e-scroll data, which is being received in CPAO from most of the banks may be used and the problems indicated above may be solved. The e-scroll contains 13 fields of information such as Name of the pensioner, PPO number (New) / PPO number (old), name of the Ministry, PAO code, bank name, BSR code, Account number, pension category, basic pension, DR, Additional Pension, Month of Pay and date of transaction. These fields may be useful for the purpose of revision of PPOs of pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners. Another utility of e-scroll is that it may be used to eliminate invalid pensioners/family pensioners.
3. It is seen that the e-scroll is a factual and useful source of information of the pensioners/family pensioners. Therefore, it is recommended that e-scroll may be accepted for retrieving information for revision of PPO, in addition to Annexure III. Ministry of Railways, M/o Defence and Departments of Posts and Telecommunications (for pensioners receiving their pension through banks) are also requested to use e-scroll sent by the Banks in addition to Annexure III (Annexure IV in case of Defence pensioners) for the purpose of retrieving relevant information of such pensioners/family pensioners in case of whom Annexure III/IV are not made available by the Banks.
Posted by email@example.com at 6:44 PM
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Saturday, November 3, 2012
No. PF-01(e)/2012 DATED 02.11.2012
All General Secretaries, All office bearers NFPE,
All Circle /Divisional & Branch Secretaries
12.12.12 = ALL INDIA STRIKE
* COMPLETE THE STRIKE CAMPAIGN IN NOVEMBER ITSELF.
* EACH AND EVERY EMPLOYEE SHOULD BE CONTACTED PERSONALLY.
* PRINT AND DISTRIBUTE NOTICES /PAMPLETS/POSTERS EXPLAINING THE 15 POINT CHARTER OF DEMANDS.
* CONDUCT OFFICE TO OFFICE SQUAD WORK, GENERAL BODY MEETINGS, CONVENTIONS AND GROUP MEETINGS.
STRIKE NOTICE WILL BE SERVED ON 19.11.2012
* CONDUCT DEMONSTRATIONS IN FRONT OF ALL OFFICES ON 19.11.2012
* CONDUCT MASS EVENING DHARNAS ON ALL IMPORTANT PLACES ON 20th, 21st, 22nd AND 23rd NOVEMBER 2012.
* CONDUCT CAMPAIGN JATHAS, PUBLIC MEETINGS, RALLIES, DEMONSTRATIONS & PRESS MEETINGS.
GET READY FOR THE BIGGEST STRIKE OF ENTIRE
CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES
1. Appoint Seventh Pay Commission for revision of wages of Central Government Employees including Gramin Dak Sevaks from 01.01.2011.
2. Grant merger of 50% DA to all including Gramin Dak Sevaks from 01.01.2011.
3. Remove restrictions on Compassionate appointments.
4. Departmentalization of GDS and grant them all benefits of regular employees. Revise cash handling norms; withdraw open market recruitment in Postmen/MTS, Grant full protection of TRCA. Grant Time bound promotions. Implement Medical reimbursement Scheme etc.
5. End Bonus discrimination and enhance the bonus ceiling of GDS to 3500/-
6. Regularize the Casual, Part-time, contingent employees and grant revise pro-rata wages from 1.1.2006.
7. Revise Overtime allowance and Night Duty allowance.
8. Stop downsizing, outsourcing, Contractorisation and privatization.
9. Grant Five promotions to all.
10. Implement all Arbitration awards.
11. Ensure prompt functioning of JCM at all levels.
12. Withdraw PFRDA Bill.
13. Stop price rise and strengthen public distribution system.
14. Withdraw all trade union victimization.
15. Enact laws to grant Right to Strike to Government employees.
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org at 9:13 PM